Be the Sunshine at Bridgewater Shopping Centre!
Up for a summery challenge? We bet you are! If you’re any way into baking, you’re going to LOVE this one! For the chance to win some amazing sunny prizes, just keep on reading!
It’s about time we enjoyed some sunshine, right? We’ve got a yummy recipe for sunshine cake pops that you and your kids can enjoy making together when you’re spending time at home! Check out the ingredients, recipe and baking instructions below!
- Yellow cake mix (*box or homemade – vanilla sponge/lemon cake recommended.)
- Vanilla or lemon icing/frosting
- Yellow food colouring
- White chocolate melts/buttons
- Yellow sweets (M&Ms or Skittles would be PERFECT!)
- Yellow sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
1. Prepare your cake as advised by the box/recipe. Ensure to add in some yellow food colouring as you mix the ingredients.
2. Scoop out your cake into a bowl and place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set.
3. Mix up your icing/frosting with some yellow food colouring.
4. Mix your frosting and the cake mix together.
5. Roll your cake mix into small balls using your hands.
6. Freeze the cake balls for 1 hour.
7. Melt your white chocolate via microwave or boiling water method. Ensure to keep stirring intermittently until fully melted. Add some colour by mixing in some yellow food colouring.
8. Dip the tip of the lollipop sticks into the melted chocolate and place into the bottom of a cake ball. Allow them to harden for several minutes.
9. Holding the lollipop stick, dip the cake pop into the melted chocolate and twist/dip until fully covered.
10. To create the sun shape, stick several yellow sweets in a circle around the edge of the cake pop.
11. Add a few sprinkles into the centre of your sun.
12. Place the bottom of your lollipop sticks on a wire tray or cake stand to allow your cake pops to harden. Repeat the process for as many pops as you’d like to make. And hey presto, sunshine cake pops for everyone!
If you make these cake pops, be sure to snap a photo and share it with us on the Bridgewater Shopping Centre Facebook page. We can’t wait to see your creations!
Recipe credit: Mom Endeavors